Democrats of the Desert Annual Meeting
SATURDAY, FEB. 24 at 2 pm Date Palm Country Club clubhouse
36200 Date Palm Drive - Cathedral City
Report from Your Board on 2017 Achievements & Accomplishments
Board Elections !
Vice President - Bill Simpkins
Executive Secretary: Cathie Snyder
Hospitality Chair: Susan Mueller
Program Chair: Open
Fund Raising Chair: Open
Nominations to be taken from the floor and then we VOTE !
* Guest: Robert Mueller, Candidate for Rancho Mirage City Council
(Rancho Mirage City Council Election is April 10 - Vote by Mail Only)
* Special Announcements about Future Meetings & Events & Voter Registration
* Celebration for the "Lovable Liberal" Radio Show Hostess Anita Rufus
celebrating 10 Years on local radio - Cup Cakes and A Toast to Anita!
* Support the Galilee Center Migrant Workers Comfort Center: please donate
toiletry items, blankets, towels, cleaning supplies, etc that day !
SEATS STILL AVAILABLE !!!
Monday, March 5 - Exclusive DOD Panel Discussion featuring
* Nation TV Commentator Jill Wine-Banks (former Watergate prosecutor)
* Christine Pelosi, Attorney and Chair of the Ca. Dem Party Women's Caucus
* Julie Bornstein, Attorney and former member of California State Assembly
Camelot Theater - Palm Springs
Reception begins at 6 pm
Program begins at 7 pm (Doors open at 6:45 pm)
Check the DOD website for more information and to purchase your seats !
SAVE THESE IMPORTANT DATES:
Saturday, March 24: DOD Meeting and Special Presentation
on Coachella Valley Housing Coalition
Guest: Honorable Coachella Mayor Steve Hernandez
Monday, April 9: Honorable Congressman Raul Ruiz in Person !
"Give what you can" Reception - 5 pm - Studio One 11 Lounge - Cathedral City
Comments from Congressman Ruiz - complimentary light snacks
Sunday, April 15: Honorable Riverside County Supervisor Manny Perez in Person!
Brunch and Conversation with Supervisor Perez
11:30 am - Heritage Palms Country Club - Indio
Info on ticket sales upcoming !
Saturday, April 28: DOD Meeting and Congressman Ruiz with update
from DC and important information about his campaign
2 pm - Date Palm Country Club clubhouse